2007年6月15日 星期五

Chapter 6


Discovery Channel
This is the website site I visited for chapter 6: Inquiry and Problem-Solving.

About this website:
Discovery is a TV channel that focuses on introducing interesting things on earth, from animal to planet, science to technology. It provides many multimedia. It got videos and games for young learners to visit. There is also news to read to gain knowledge of what is important going on earth. The website has a section called Explore by subject, which divided their information into clear parts such as Animal, Dinosaur, Global Warming, etc. The related videos, games, news and facts will be all combined in one page. Subscribers receive a video and article weekly.

My words:
Discovery channel is really good for teacher who would like to provide Inquiry and Problem solving. It has clear topics of things provided. To say, if the teacher designed an activity about dinosaurs, he/she can tell students to go to Discovery channel to gain general knowledge and also having fun. Also students can look at the TV Schedules to see whether there are programs that is useful for their activities.

1 則留言:

Abby 提到...

Actually, I am used to watching this TV program with my Dad on every weekend. We all like its' rich topics with deep analysis and authentic documentaries that return to original condition. Through your brief introduction of this website, I think I will give a try to subscribe its'weekly vedio and article, in this way,I can make a good use of this website to get knowledge I want without watching TV on time.